Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Twenty-Two of Birželis of Twenty Eleven

There are no words to express a broken heart. People use poetry, how long they cried, metaphors, comparisons to novels, and more. But I am not a stereotype. I refuse to say that it was a tragedy like "Romeo and Juliet," or that it was like having a heart collapse and you couldn't go on. Nope. I'm not retarded. All I can say is that I'm sad. I managed to be an adult, to hold it together until the end and be able to laugh and have hope for a friendship. I cried, yes, there was no doubt that it would happen; I cannot hold tears when it comes to him. But, I convinced myself to go to sleep and that if it was worth it, I could cry in the morning.

Yet. This is not what I want to say. All I want to say is that I want him back. I realised that as he was letting me go, I was ready to give it all up- to let everything go for him. But that's not what he wanted. He was tired of me and my friends, and it would be better for his life. I agreed with him, if he thinks it's better for his life, then he should do it. Even if it's not better for mine.

So, yeah, I'm hurt. Could anyone say I wasn't going to be? But no, unlike Bella from Twilight (hate acknowledging that as an actual book), I will not fall and sit around for months on end, waiting for him to come back. I will, following my construction road metaphor, pick myself up and brush the dirt of my outfit. Sure, I'll never be the same; there will always be some dirt in my hair. The point is that no matter what happens, I'll be okay. That's how humanity works-we move on and recover from downfalls.

So, goodbye. I guess. I hope our friendship can persist.

'Hedwig sings an ominous song,
covering the world in her fears.
Her death is tragic,
but recoverable.
Where does the Dark Lord go
to sing his way to history?'


Afternotes:
WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) wants to protest Jackass' infamous hero Ryan Dunn's funeral. Protest here:

No comments:

Post a Comment