Sunday, December 11, 2011

Eleven Groudis of Twenty Eleven

By request: "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri

"No, I can't take one more step towards you,
'Cause all that's waiting is regret.
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore?
You lost the love I loved the most.

"I learned to live half alive,
and now you want me one more time.

(Chorus)
"And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars,
collecting your jar of hearts,
and tearing love apart.
You're gonna catch a cold
from the ice inside your soul.
So, don't come back for me.
Who do you think you are?

"I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
to ever fall back in your arms.

"I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time.

(Chorus)

"Dear, it took so long just to feel alright.
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes?
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed,
'cause you broke all your promises.
And now, you're back.
You don't get me back.

(Chorus x2)

"Who do you think you are?"

Sometimes, I hate it when he's right. It was/is the hardest part of this whole situation. Through all of this, I've been hurting, yet I knew that it was my fault. I was forced into acceptance, and I don't know if I can.
He's right, though. Every serious relationship I've been in, I've left them and I've hurt them.
But I've changed. He cannot see it yet, but this is the end of childhood for me. This is the end of games, of teasing, of begging for attention. I'm done. I want to move forward, settle down. Now I'm ready.
From the looks of this song, I might never get him back and I may never be with the man I wanted to settle down with.

'Starlight trickles slowly,
bad graphics in my favorite game.
Yet all I think of is you.
Friends say, why?
All that comes is the tears
And I feel is regret.'


Sidenote: "Damn Regret" by Red Jumpsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment