Friday, July 8, 2011

For A Past Love



I recently stumbled upon our old notebook. Where we talking about "failboating," Winter formal, and how much we hated the world. We had all our own jokes, and every memory is like a jewel. It still makes me smile to think that I had someone so sweet that I could call my own.

-wipes tear from cheek and chuckles lightly- Remember when you knocked the table into the pool?

I've never actually stopped to figure out why everything happened so quickly with our relationship fading. I think it was falling apart all that month, even over our year. I knew that no matter what I did, this was the end. It wasn't my intention to fall out of love, and I wish I had never been accused of never loving you at all. I couldn't stop you from leaving, so I had to let go on my own.
It's the only conclusion I could really ever draw.

I'm sorry that you want this goodbye, but I want you to do what is best for you. I love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore.

Life has changed here and for you as well; things can never be the same between us. However, it still makes me sad to see how much I've hurt you. I was hoping that your ability to reach out had shown that you were trying to move forward and be a better person than I ever was.

P.S. I still remember your wish, and you can have it now if you want.

"Dear --------,
It's nice to finally write to you...Yes, we did make it through the first weekend of 2010. And I assure you that we can make it through the next 51. It's nice during the week, being all sweet and lovey-dovey..."

'Forgotten memories,
and secret words.
Aren't you glad I had you date those posts.
I miss you,
and what person you are to me.
I'll sing my melody,
I hope yours is in the same key.'

4 comments:

  1. What I got was that you needed to sever the bond before he departed as to not hurt you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically. I was trying to protect myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for clearing that up. Could he have done anything to prevent that? Say he was to stay where he was?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go back in time and strangle my younger self.

    ReplyDelete