Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eleven Spalis of Twenty Eleven

I got this letter in my mailbox today. It's a questionnaire about my university life. They don't ask me to turn it in anywhere, but I might as well answer the questions because fuck you.

Why did I choose to attend [University Name Here]?
I wanted to attend a school that had a good medical program so that I could become the best doctor I could be. I also chose this college because it doesn't snow here and it isn't the school I hate.

Have my experiences in college matches what I expected?
Nope. (Chuck Testa). Personally, I expected college to be more frustrating than college. And it has, in some aspects; however, it is FAR easier overall.

How hopeful and optimistic about the future am I?
What do you want? A scale of one to ten?! Uh, maybe a six or something, ay? Look, the economy sucks and what sucks more than that is the city I'm living it right now. I think I can definitely make it through college, in fact, I have no doubt, but at the same time I have to debate whether I'll make it through payments of eleven fucking years of school. (I still don't understand this concept. I'm going to for a job that helps society and the government and it takes eleven years of school and the government isn't going to pay for one dollar of it?!)

What inspires and motivates me?
Anything relating to my career does. Honestly, any reference to a psychological disorder and I am so ecstatic about my job! But motivation is different. I push myself. I want to be great so that I can raise my husband and be fabulously wealthy. I want to show my family that I'm smart.

What makes me intelligent?
"intelligence, n. 1. The faculty of understanding; intellect. Also as a count noun: a mental manifestation of this faculty, a capacity to understand." -The Oxford Dictionary
Uh, my brain and neurological connections make me intelligent. My IQ makes me intelligent, and thus my genetics make me intelligent. (What a stupid question).

What is interesting to me?
Basically everything.
-If I were to create a special interest club on campus, what would it be?
Psychological disease awareness.
-About what am I curious?
Like I said before, basically everything. Except conservative closed minded anti-abortion bullshit.
-About what am I passionate?
Animals, Jesus, the arts, music, film, novels, criminally insane people, writing, poetry, my boyfriend, world hunger, peace, the schoolwork, the government, the president, the upcoming elections, Congress and its Congressmen, et cetera!
-What do I find fulfilling, satisfying?
Lots of things are satisfying that aren't fulfilling. Like Skittles. I fucking love Skittles; they're delicious. They satisfy me. But they aren't fulfilling. Achieving goals is pretty fulfilling. Doing something good that I convinced myself to do. Finding the time to do new things.

How good am I at being focused? Persistent? How do I respond when I come across things that are difficult?
I'm easily focused, but I don't like to work. However, difficult and easy tasks I look at with the same perspective-something that needs to be done. It'll get done. The amount of time it takes shouldn't be a determination of difficulty.

Think about a recent experience where you were so focused and involved that you lost all track of time-What was I doing? What was it about this experience that made it all-consuming for me?
I can think of lots of times where I lost track of time. -wink- Like today, I was playing Diablo II and then BLAM-O, it's five o'clock. It happens with Minecraft all the time.

Think about the last time you were really excited about something-What made it exciting?
Last time I was excited was when my boyfriend came over for the weekend. I was excited because I knew I was going to have a good time and that he would too. I was excited because I had hopes that the visit would go well. Just like I am currently excited for the showing of "Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence" at the Royale. It's due to the fact that I have high expectations that the movie will make me happy.

How do I rate my college experience so far?
Someone should have asked me last week. It's been okay. Scale of one to ten, maybe a five. Classes are alright and teachers are okay. Sometimes neat little shops come to campus. Honestly, the city I live in is just kind of shitty so it sucks. Furthermore, there have been some really shitty campaigns for anti-abortion out on the Mall today and yesterday. It's sickening. There are pictures of aborted fetuses all over. It's disgusting. There are a few things I'd like to ask the anti-abortion people:
What if the mother and father would abuse the child?
What if the mother smokes, drinks, or does illegal drugs while pregnant?
What if the child is born into a family that can't afford to feed it and it starves to death?
What if the child will be brain dead when born?
What if the child will lead a life of suffering before dying?
What if the child is born with a terminal disease like AIDS?
What if the child is left somewhere to die because the parents don't want it?
What if the parents give the child shaken baby syndrome and then leave it somewhere?
What if the child will be born with severe disformations of the body and will never be able to lead a normal life?
What if the child has to grow up in a orphanage and go through multiple abusive foster homes?
IS IT WORTH IT?
(P.S. I fucking hate people who hate abortion. You gave consent to have sex and get pregnant. You give consent to get that tiny, dinosaur looking parasite the fuck out of you.)

What has been my most positive experience at [University Name Here]?
I got my English grade (for my first essay) back and received a 95%. The teacher also requested that I send her a copy for a future example for the students and that I should submit it to the essay contest.

Think about a time as a college student when you enjoyed working on a class assignment or project-What made that enjoyable and engaging?
Hahaha. Classwork being enjoyable. Ha.

What are my academic strengths?
Definitely writing. I love to write, so essays are my forte at the moment.

How do I best learn?
Repetition and voice. Well, sometimes voice. I can remember things that are said and repeated to me.

What have I found difficult as a college student?
Writing essays with no real format. I feel like I need direction to go before I can get anywhere.
"Directive"

How strong is my sense of gratitude-my appreciation of the opportunities I have and the realization that things could be a lot worse?
I would say strong. Although I complain about tiny things, I truly value every bit of my life. And I thank Jesus for it every day.

'The sun is rising,
before it breaks,
she sprawls across the grass.
And rubs her fur,
before it wakes,
along the summer's back.'

No comments:

Post a Comment