Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October the Nineteenth of Two Thousand and Twelve

Day Two:

Everyone can see that we have hit our rough patch. We're such Tauruses about it too. Stubbornly sticking to our principles, instead of trying to compromise. Telling everyone that we don't care what happens, and who knows if it's true...

Out of everything, it's disappointment that hit me hardest.

I'm placing the same set of letters on the table, spelling out a single word. Everyone else does the same. I place another set of letters, and they place their previous. I'm not really sure, but I think that everyone is convinced that if they make the same argument over and over eventually I'll see their point.

'Intertwined fingers, pulling,
walk along the rocky shore.
Separate directions without a care.
Don't look back,
I'm 242 gone.'

1 comment:

  1. Repetition in an argument can work on the weak willed, the message becomes inserted in their mind and they often forget the previous complaints to it. As scary as this sounds, it is an effective tactic to widespread media. Otherwise known as propaganda. The failure is when people try it in normal converse.

    ReplyDelete