Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October the Thirteenth of Two Thousand Ten

After a long day of shopping, there are few things I still have to say.

I still believe you have everything. You do not have to believe it, but it's true. Yes, everything isn't perfect; however, it doesn't want to be better. Without the hard times, you wouldn't be who you are now. You have money, and security. You will never have to wonder where the next dollar is coming from or how your dreams are now crushed. You have everything you could ask for, including your own computer. You have friends who care about you, an overwhelming number. You're smart; you can add faster than I can count and have a strategy like no other. You are a good person with a good heart and an honest viewpoint. I could never replace you. To me, that seems like everything.

I feel kind of bad. Taking her place? I never would have thought. If anything, I thought that my friend would take her place; you two seem kind of closer. I didn't mean to push her off the hill, but I kind of understand how it happened. I didn't know I was up there 'til you told me. There's only one thing I can never step into her shoes for though....

'Jump, skip, jump,
flutter, flutter,
FALL.
Looking into the darkness,
I knew it all along.
She led you away.
I was still waiting for you.'

1 comment:

  1. Praise and Resentment are oddly close together and often mistaken.

    ReplyDelete